Grandin, T. 2015. Improving Animal Welfare: A Practical Approach (2nd Edition), CABI Publishing, Wallingford, Oxfordshire UK. (ISBN-978-1-78064-468-4).
- I wrote eight (8) chapters for this book and edited the chapters of eight (8) invited contributors. The chapters written by Temple Grandin include:
- Chapter 1 - An introduction to implementing an effective animal welfare program, pp. 1-14.
- Chapter 2 — The importance of measurement to improve the welfare of nmlivestock, poultry, and fish, pp. 15-34.
- Chapter 4 — Implementing effective standards and scoring systems for assessing animal welfare on farms and slaughter plants, pp. 49-68.
- Chapter 5 — How to improve livestock handling ad reduce stress, pp. 69-95.
- Chapter 9 — Improving livestock, poultry, and fish welfare in slaughter plants with auditing programs, pp. 164-193.
- Chapter 11 — Welfare during transport of livestock and poultry, pp. 221-246.
- Chapter 14 — The effects of economic factors on the welfare of livestock and poultry, pp. 278-290.
- Chapter 16 — Successful technology transfer of behavioral and animal welfare research to the farm and slaughter plant, pp. 313-327.
VIDEOS OF LECTURES BY TEMPLE GRANDIN:
- Cattle Handling Principles to Reduce Stress
- Animal Handling in Meat Plants
- Low Stress Handling of Pigs
- Preventing Behavior Problems in your horse
- Video tour of Beef Plant with Temple Grandin
- Video tour of Pork Plant with Temple Grandin
- Video tour of Turkey Farm and Plant with Temple Grandin
- Cattle Handling Facilities Tips, Published by NCBA Beef Quality Assurance. Dr. Grandin does the second presentation in this video.
Click here for information on ordering books or videos.
Click here for list of Dr. Grandin's publications.
Click here to return to
the Homepage and menu of information on the behavior and handling of cattle,
pigs, antelope, bison and other animals. This page also contains
information on the design of animal handling facilities, humane slaughter,
and animal welfare.