Guidelines for Livestock Holding Facilities
Tips for Good Handling
- Move small groups of animals.
- DO NOT overcrowd crowd pen - fill it only 1/2 full.
- Handlers should understand the basic concepts of flight zone and
point of balance.
- Ranches and facilities must have non-slip flooring.
- Keep animals calm. Calm and quiet animals move more easily.
- Recommended Handling Facility Layout
Adequate Pen Space
Click here to return to the Homepage for more information on animal behavior, welfare, and care.